Welcome to Contanda Terminals. I encourage you to explore all aspects of our website to learn more about our remarkable organization.
Since joining Contanda as the President and CEO in 2016, we have continued to build on the 60-year foundation of being a premier provider of bulk liquid storage and value-added logistics service in North America. Over the years, Contanda has continued to invest in our existing infrastructure while strategically increasing our footprint in areas of growing storage demand in the renewable, petrochemical and hydrocarbon markets.
- Contanda Headquarters is in Houston, Texas where chemical storage demand is high and business activity is brisk.
- The Contanda team consists of approximately 250 employees with a management team having over 30 years of experience on average to lead our significant growth aspirations.
- Contanda stores over 7.2 million barrels of bulk commodities in 15 terminals across North America with our predominant storage located in the Gulf Coast Region.
- More than 60% of our product base is related to the renewable, petrochemical and hydrocarbon markets with the remaining focused on agriculture and food grade markets.
We continue to build on our Value Creation Strategy through our Operational and Commercial Excellence programs and capitalizing on growth potential in all regions.
- In Houston, Texas we optimized our terminal operations staffing schedule to reduce costs and better align ourselves with our customer’s needs and expectations.
- Major automation projects are ongoing at both of Houston and Stockton terminals.
- Construction is ongoing on three (3) new tanks at our existing Stockton, California terminal and one (1) new tank at our Sioux City Terminal. All four (4) tanks will be operational in December 2019.
- Across the organization we increased our usable storage capacity by 420,000 barrels through new construction and tank rebuilds.
Houston Jacintoport Terminal – Construction began late 3rd quarter 2018 with operations expected to start 2nd quarter 2020. The initial phase of this project will consist of approximately 405,000 barrels of storage and supporting infrastructure to support all modes of transportation. The overall project will increase our combined capacity by up to 3.0 million barrels.
Houston Greens Bayou Terminal – Preparation for our 339-acre Greens Bayou Terminal in Houston continues with permits expected late 2019 and construction starting in 2020.
Stockton Terminal – Construction of our 2nd terminal in Stockton, California commenced in September 2019 with operations expected to begin 3rd quarter 2020. The initial phase consists of 100,000 barrels of storage capacity.
Grays Harbor Terminal – Discussions continue with the authorities for the proposed construction of 1 million barrels of additional capacity to store renewable diesel and biodiesel.
Over the course of 2019 and beyond, Contanda will continue to focus on safety and the environment as we continue to expand our commodity footprint into renewable energy, petrochemical and hydrocarbon markets in all regions.