Health, Safety, Security & Environment
Contanda’s HSSE policy embodies the principles of our business philosophy. It firmly subscribes to the concepts of continual improvement and sustainable development.
We firmly believe in and are committed to our mission; ensuring that our fuel terminal operations are carried out in a way that ensures the health and safety of everyone.
Employees at every level, including management, are responsible and accountable for the company’s overall safety initiatives. Complete and active participation by everyone, every day, in every job is necessary for the safety among all workers.
We will not produce or render any service likely to cause an accident or exposure that may result in personal injury, environmental damage, or the security of people and assets.
An incident-free workplace is our goal. Through continuous safety and loss control, we can accomplish this.
Tenets "Things We Believe In"
Committed to Zero Injuries, Illnesses and Incidents
- We believe that all injuries and occupational illnesses, as well as safety and environmental incidents are preventable, and are committed to a goal of zero for all of them.
- We will assess the environmental impact of each facility we will design, build, operate and maintain.
Highest Standards of Performance, Business Excellence
- We will adhere to the highest standards for the safe operation of facilities and the protection of our environment, our employees, our customers and the people of the communities in which we do business.
- We will strengthen our businesses by making safety, health and environmental issues an integral part of all business activities and by continuously striving to align our businesses with public expectations.
Continuously Improving Processes, Practices and Products
- We will extract, make, use, handle, package, transport and dispose of our materials safely and in an environmentally responsible manner.
- We will continuously analyze and improve our practices, processes and products to reduce their risk and impact throughout the product life cycle.
Management and Employee Commitment, Accountability
- The Chief Executive Officer will be informed about pertinent safety, health and environmental issues and will ensure that policies are in place and actions taken to achieve this commitment.
- Management is responsible to educate, train and motivate employees to understand and comply with this commitment and applicable laws.